Friday, 23 November 2012

Magazine Proposal Audience Feedback


Magazine Proposal Audience Feedback

 

To prepare for my music magazine I had to produce a proposal to explain the ideas of my music magazine, I produced a Prezi which is done online and I included a few ideas of how my music magazines front cover, content page and double page spread (DPS) is going to look like and I also chose some fonts for my Masterhead. My magazine proposal had all my basic ideas of how my music magazine would look and what was going to be featured in the magazine. I have also asked for feedback on surveymoney.com which will help me to make adjustments to my final music magazine design. 

Some of the feedback I got was that my Masterhead was good however they suggested that I should design a font to make it stand out a bit more, they also pointed out that my colour scheme of black, red and white was a good choice because they do stand out. One other point they mentioned was that I need to make sure that the On Top of the Rest that is on top of the abbreviation of OTR needs to stand out a bit more as it seems lost within the OTR.

The audience also mentioned that my content page structure was good and it matched to context of the magazine however they felt that the content was too plain and it wasn’t detailed enough so therefore I need to consider changing the layout of my content page, I need to consider adding more pictures in different locations in order to show my photography skills and show that I have done enough planning to make sure my magazine comes out the way I planned.    

The double page spread layout was good and the colour scheme matched the magazine and they also thought that the OTR in the background would be a good idea as it is the abbreviation of the magazines name. For example the colours of the letters will be black and red (OTR) to make the magazine look different from the other magazines.

Overall the feedback was good but they mentioned a lot of things that need to be improved or changed which helped me think of new ideas in terms of layout and what I’m going to include in the magazine, It also gave me new ideas of where my location is going to be, for my double page spread I thought of going to the airport and taking a picture of my artist coming out of the airport which would represent the fact that it is a new artist.       
For my own personal feedback I could say that I agree with what most of my peers said and I will take into consideration to what they have said in order to improve my standard of the music magazine.                                                                                                                                                                                

1 comment:

  1. Some good work produced here Viola. The blog works well and work is well organised. Try to use the production schedule and reflect on it. At the moment it seems tokenistic.

    ReplyDelete